Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Guide to Bargain Shopping

Hey Ya'll! Today I'm gonna give you guys my secrets of bargain shopping! I felt like my style was much more expensive than my budget, so I had to get creative. These are my tips for saving money while still looking good!

#1- THRIFT SHOPPING
This is my favorite tip by far! I know it may seem gross to some people to go to the goodwill and other thrift stores, but you will be very surprised! I would say 75% of my wardrobe is thrifted clothing! You can find amazing clothes at thrift stores for half the price (at least). I have a blog post all about my thrifting tips and best finds so you can check that out!
Click here to see my thrifting blog!

#2- PRINTING COUPONS ONLINE
Before I go shopping anywhere, I always check online for printable coupons. Companies put out tons of coupons but not all of them are easy to come across. If you type into google the name of the store and then printable coupons, you will get lots of hits with links to coupons. Not all of these coupons are going to work or even be real, but using sites such as Retailmenot.com and coupons.com will give you best results. 

#3- YARD SALES
Okay I know what you're thinking, but yard sales are perfect places to look for cool clothes and home decor! Every Saturday morning there are tons of yardsales full of treasures! The best thing about yard sales is the prices. You can find clothes for $1 each at almost any yard sale!

#4- MAKE SOMETHING OLD NEW AGAIN
Now this is the fun part! After buying some old high waisted jeans, or giant t-shirts from the goodwill, you can cut them up and make them new again! I love finding a comfy pair of high waisted jeans that I can cut into shorts. You can also cut the sleeves off of big t-shirts to make a trendy muscle tee.

I made these shorts from a pair of jeans I got from goodwill and found a DIY on youtube to make the pockets!
DIY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcXWI8pITY8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUzTtkLZFy6wqD4SsA9_fTtw







I also cut up this T-Shirt that I got! 






Hope this helped you guys out! Happy shopping!

Have a beautiful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment