Thursday, June 20, 2013

Can we go thrift shopping???

Okay, sorry for the cheesy title, I had to! As you may have guessed, today I'm going to give you all my secrets of thrift shopping! I would consider myself pretty experienced in the thrifting department, so I thought it would be helpful to make this post. Hope you enjoy!


TIPS
#1: Find a clean, well stocked thrift store
    - I would recommend a goodwill or salvation army
#2: Mark off a good hour to go thrifting at this store
#3: Wear something cozy and easy to get in and out of for trying things on
#4: Time to get shopping! You want to look at EVERYTHING in the store, including the kids and mens section
     -Items are very often misplaced at thrift stores and you can find treasures in unexpected places
#5: TRY THINGS ON!
     - Even though things are cheap, you want to be sure they fit you well first

WHAT TO LOOK FOR
- Brands! You will be shocked at the high-end brands that are hidden at thrift stores
- How worn is it? You don't want to but something if it's.... seen it's better days
- Could you get it cheaper at the original store? Sometimes a shirt that was $3 at walmart is $4 at the goodwill!
-Do I have something I can wear this with? You want to be sure you have an outfit in mind so that your item doesn't end up in the back of your closet.

MY BEST RECENT FINDS
All of these items were found at the Goodwill and were under $5!


Brand new pink converse in my size!
Original price: $40
What I paid: $2.99










High-Lo skirt from Urban Outfitters!
Original price: $60
What I paid:$5






Lilly Pulitzer Dress!!!
Original Price: similar dresses around $150
What I paid: $5







Patagonia Women's Vest!
Original price: $150
What I paid: $5


Hope this helped you out!

Let me know what you've found while thrifting!

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment