Friday, June 21, 2013

My Summer Style!

Hello Everyone!
Summer fashion is here which means shopping time is here! I've done my summer shopping and I have my summer wardrobe together. Today I'm gonna share with you some key pieces and trends that you'll find in my closet this summer.
Hope you enjoy!


If I'm not wearing flip flops, I'm probably wearing these sandals! So at first glance they look like Jack Rodgers right? Well they're not! I got these sandals at a local shoe store but you can find the brand, Hot Cakes, at most shoe stores. I love that they're silver because they go with basically everything and are easy to dress up and down.






You can never have enough colored shorts in my opinion! I picked up these coral colored shorts at Gap. I like to pair colored shorts with another colored shirt that is opposite the color wheel (like a blue or teal). Another way to style them is with a white or black shirt and a pop of color statement necklace!


I love wearing my coral shorts with this teal J-Crew inspired necklace from Charlotte Russe. Wearing two bold colors looks perfect in the summer sun!

Style Tip #1: Try pairing two bold colors together like coral and teal, or yellow and royal blue.

I have been on the search for the perfect pair of crochet shorts and I finally found some at Charlotte Russe. These were on sale for five dollars! These cream crochet shorts look nice with  almost any color top and silver sandals.
Everybody needs a basic pair of high waisted jean shorts! I bought some high waisted Levi's at Goodwill and cut them into cute high waisted shorts. I like to pair my shorts with crop tops or a basic shirt that I can tuck into the shorts.

Style Tip #2: If you're looking for the perfect pair of high waisted shorts, here are a few things you may want to keep in mind;
a)Do they come up to right below my belly button? 
b)Are they comfy? 
c) Are they too short?




I cannot stop wearing these shorts from Gap! They are white with daisy cut-outs and hot pink underneath. I think these shorts are so unique and cute! They're a bit more difficult to style, but I like to wear them with a black blouse and some silver jewelry.



I picked up this crop top at Delia's for $10 and I love it! What really sold me on this top was the cut outs on the back. This looks adorable with a white bandeau underneath it and some white high waisted shorts.





Forever 21 takes the win with this neon coral and black tribal printed crop top. Pair this with some high waisted black shorts and teal jewelry for a summer day out.

  


Style Tip #3: When wearing crop tops, be sure that you are wearing high waisted shorts or a high waisted skirt so that you are not showing to much belly!
As far as coral statement necklaces go, this one from Charlotte Russe is my absolute favorite! It's pretty simple for a statement necklace, but it still makes a statement.
The "arm candy" trend seems to come back every summer! Hey, I'm not complaining! I feel like teal bracelets match with everything.
I really enjoy the motivational silver bangle that I found at Earth Bound which says "live well-love much-laugh often."


(Left:Gift, Earth Bound, Earth Bound, Local boutique, Tobi.com)

Throwing on a few rings can complete the perfect summer outfit!


Style tip #4: Feel free to load up on the jewelry during the summer. Try stacking 5 or 6 bracelets that are all different colors!


















(Left:Gift, Ringsandtings.com,Tobi.com,Ringsandtings.com)



Hope you guys enjoyed!

What's your summer style?

Have a beautiful day!


2 comments: